For All Students
MIS has organized how we share opportunities for parents to engage their children in activities after school. These opportunities are offered by the local community.
We prepare E-flyers every first or third Thursdays of the month, where details of community opportunities are posted. Parents are also welcome to pick up flyers from the Administration bulletin board to sign their children up for these community opportunities.
Kindly note that MIS is not endorsing any of these programs.
Parents need to observe and judge the quality of each for their child and family needs—just sharing them as a partner in our community.
- Sora Marine Training - RYA Recognized Sailing Center offering sailing lessons/courses. In addition, Sora offers: PADI Diving courses, wakeboarding and tows instruction as well as kitesurfing lessons (telephone 5530-6553 or www.soramarinetraining.com or email at email@example.com)
- IAID Performing Arts offers music, dance and vocal programs for ages 3 and up (telephone 4432-0974 or 4441-1234 or 5586-0644 or www.iaidonline.org)
- Evo Mini for students 2-6 years old offering little football, little basketball, little rugby and little swimming (telephone 4407-6772 or www.evosportsqatar.com)
- BH Gymnastics for students 3-16 years old offering gymnastics and ballet (telephone 7714-1700 or www.bhgymnastics.com)
- Music Lounge offering courses in music, art, dance and fitness for students 4-18 years old (telephone 4421-9897 or 5557-2429 or www.musiclounge.com)
- Q Sports offering fundamentals of football, basketball, swimming, tennis, and mixed martial arts for students 3-16 years old (telephone 3308-7381 or www.qsportsacademy.com)
- Gymnastics Academy offering group gymnastics for students 4 and up (telephone 5582-9428 or www.gymacademydoha.com)
- First Fit Training offering tennis and martial arts for students 8-13 years old (telephone 7044-6654 or www.fftsports.com)
- Playball Doha offering fundamentals of tennis, basketball, hockey, baseball and soccer for students 3-7 years old (telephone 7794-3009 or www.playballdoha.com)
- Coerver Qatar offering soccer for students 4-11 years old (telephone 3026-6738 or www.coerver.com)
- Crossfit Doha offering development of a lifelong love of fitness for students 4-17 years old (telephone 4413-8484)
- Elite Swim Academy offering a wide range of aquatic activities for students 307 years old (see Facebook page for Elite Swim)
- Regatta Sailing Academy offering sailing lessons for students 6-18 years old (telephone 3363-2515 or www.regattasailingacademy.com)
- Fame Basketball and Fitness Academy offering basketball for students 5-18 years old (telephone 3104-0405 or www.fameqa.com)
- Laura Knight Academy of Dance offering ballet classes for students 3-16 years old (telephone 3346-9121)
- Hamilton Aquatics Swimming Training offering swim lessons for all levels for students ages 3-18 years old (telephone 3381-2212)
- STEM Explorers offering Lego education workshops such as robotics, EV3 robotics and science club for students 3-16 years old (telephone 3399-6665)
- SFQ Sports Academy offering a wide range of team and individual sports for students ages 2-18 (telephone 3399-6665)
- Absolute Sports for ASA Little Footballers for children under 6 years old (telephone 5527-1909 or 5501-7739
- Dragon Boat Racing for Youth @ Qatar Dragon Boat Racing Club (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Upcoming Competition in November specifically for youth!
- Swimming Lessons @ InterContinental Hotel, Doha through December 31, 2017 (telephone 4484-4828)
- Pool and Beach Access @ InterContinental Hotel, Doha (Special rates for families) through December 31, 2017 (telephone 4484-4828)
- Fitness, football, basketball, and volleyball classes @ Aspire Active
- Beginning Diving Lessons for children 8-18 @ ELITE (telephone 4413-8484)
- Cross Fit Course @ Cross Fit, Doha (telephone 4413-8484)
- Swimming Course for ages 6 months to 12 years old @ Elite (telephone 4413-8484)
- Courses in Dance, Music and Arts (telephone 4441-1234)
- Taekwondo and Martial Arts Classes for kids and seniors starting with age 6 (boys and girls) @ JBK Compound (telephone 7777-3313)
- Mini Kicks Premier League Soccer for ages 3-8 (boys and girls) through Compass International School (telephone 3108-8080)
- H2O Swim Club for fitness and swimming lessons (telephone 5564-1475)
- Qatar Scouts and Guides Association for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts (telephone 4404-5809)(email at: Qba@edu.gov.qa)
- Glorious Wings for training to become an airline pilot (telephone 974-4007-1731 or 974-3394-0093)(email at: email@example.com )
We are happy to add your business or ideas to our list. Please send opportunities to Ms. Katrina at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For High School Students Moving onto College/University
Georgetown University Qatar (http://admissions.qatar.sfs.georgetown.edu/portal/admissions_hour)
VCU Qatar (http://www.qatar.vcu.edu)
- Art Portfolio Development class (see VCU Website)
Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (http://events.qatar-weill.cornell.edu/high-school-medical-conference/workshops.html)
- Open House every Thursday at 2:00 p.m. - All prospective students are welcome to book an appointment at http://www.qatar-weill.cornell.edu
- Prospective students can contact Student Recruitment at 974-4492-8521
For Students Grade 9-12 ONLY
Planet Georgetown (contact at: email@example.com
Second Chance Rescue is a branch of Park View Veterinary Services. See Facebook page.
Animal Resources Department ("government veterinary services")(telephone 4456-0435)
Cat Assistance Team (CAT) http://www.catofqatar.com
Drheima is the Qatar Orphan Foundation (telephone 4458-9444)
Qatar Animal Welfare Society (QAWS) needs volunteers for dog walking, cat care, and administrative tasks (telephone 5539-6074).
Reach Out to Asia (ROTA) supports neighboring communities as the are developing (telephone 4454-1603).
Trap, Neuter, Return, Qatar manages Qatar's cat population. See Facebook page.